Experience cannot be bought, it can only be earned. Experience is what Hal Stanton brings to Nader & Woodcock, APLC, in his role as Of Counsel to the firm.
Hal graduated from the UCLA School of Law in 1965, after having served as a Senior Editor on the UCLA Law Review. He began his career as a Deputy Attorney General in the California Department o f Justice, and then as a business litigator at Loeb and Loeb.
Hal has spent his career practicing business litigation, business organization and family law, with an emphasis on intellectual property and business issues in family law. Hal and his wife and fellow attorney, Marian, have joined our law firm on an "of counsel" basis, and we are thrilled to have them available as part ofour team. Hal is far more than an attorney: he is a writer, lecturer, and filmmaker, having written, produced and directed filmed fact patterns for use at family law seminars, as well as a documentary on Zen.
Hal helps each client determine their true objectives, and goes about educating them on the best path to achieving their particular objectives. His diverse background and experience handling celebrity divorces allows him to bring "a business perspective to an emotional war." Some power struggles are unnecessary and end up losing the important battles. On the other hand, knowing when litigation is the correct approach, is critical to making the right decision. It is the ability to balance the choices during the process and accomplish the goals that reflects his diverse experience .
Hal's interest in business and intellectual property issues gives him a unique insight into handling complicated and high-asset family law cases. He strongly believes in bringing a business mindset to the emotional minefield of family law issues.
Hal likens many divorces to a chess game, where the key to success is knowing when to litigate and when to settle. You can trust your family's future to the experience Harold J. Stanton and his wife Marian bring to Nader and Woodcock, APLC.
Memberships & Service
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Dean of AAML Trial Advocacy Institute (2005)
- President of So. Cal. AAML (2005- 2006)
- International Academy of Matrirnonial Lawyers
- Judge Pro Tem for Los Angeles and Beverly Hills Municipal Courts
- Certified Family Law Arbitrator
- Family Law Mediator for L.A.
- Superior Courts American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Family Law Sections
- Selected as a Super Lawyer® in Family Law by Los Angeles Magazine for 14 consecutive years
- Awarded Most Outstanding Member of the UCLA Law Review
- Martindale-Hubbell A V® PreeminentTM attorney with 5.0/5.0 rating